Wednesday, August 30, 2006
~ Wiping noses
~ Wiping bottoms
~ Wiping tears
~ Wiping messes
~ Wiping counters
~ Wiping away fears
~ Wiping hands
~ Wiping mouths
~ Wiping floors
So next time you tell your husband and kids you're wiped out... you'll know it's true!!
Tuesday, August 29, 2006
~ Will I have a good smile?
~ What if I forget how to smile?
~ Will everyone laugh at me while I'm getting my picture taken?
~ Are they going to leave me alone in the room with the camera guy?
~ Oh man, I forgot to brush my teeth... does my breath smell?
~ How long will it take?
~ Can I take my picture with anyone else?
By the time I left the classroom he was so upset that the teacher had to pull him off of me and hold him to calm him down! He gets sooooo worked up over these things!!
Please tell me I'm not the only one with a child like this... leave me a comment and tell me what to do to help him get over his little fears!!
Monday, August 28, 2006
Thursday, August 24, 2006
1. I never realized Moms have so much homework
2. They do science in Kindergarten?
3. When did they start doing math?
4. Reading and writing... what happened to cookies and milk?
5. 6 1/2 hours seems like forever to a child
6. Taking your lunch or buying is a BIG decision
7. Wearing uniforms is a good thing!
8. The classroom wish list comes before my home wish list
9. Making new friends is okay
10. How hungry can he really be after being at school for 6 1/2 hours?
11. School projects are for the whole family
12. He can do almost anything because he goes to school now
13. Kissing Mom in the back of the classroom is still okay... this week : )
Wednesday, August 23, 2006
2. Why do people eat fish?
3. Why do you always want something more when you can't have it?
4. How do all the famous bloggers ~ Shannon, Shalee, Holy Mama, Antique Mommy, Lauren~ keep up with your blogs on a daily basis and still take care of their families?
5. Why did my 5 yr old just run in and yell making me relive thoughts 1 & 4... I walked out to find coffee spilled all over the kitchen, living room and dining room floor. Plus, marker and crayon on the wall.
6. What a day!
7. How can you talk to the same person 5 times a day for 30 minutes at a time and still find new things to talk about?
8. Where did my brain go?
9. What am I going to make for dinner tonight?
10. Why are medical bills so expensive?
11. How come all the medical bills come in the same week?
12. Is anyone still reading this?
Tuesday, August 22, 2006
He hated it at first and would cry, panic and throw up each morning before school.
Now he loves it and actually gets excited in the morning!
I'm so glad he's changed his mind, it's much easier on the whole family!
Here are some pictures of his big first day...
A little nervous but trying not to show it...
Happy Birthday sweet boy. I can't believe you're already 5! It seems like yesterday I was walking into the hospital having my first contractions. We were all so excited to meet you. You were the very first grandchild on my side of the family and the third on Daddy's side. The day you were born is a day that I will never forget!
You are my "snuggle bug", "Mr. serious", "I can do anything" kid. You say some of the funniest things I've ever heard a child say. You are very smart for your age and you know it. You probably know more about life than most 5 year olds should, which does get you in trouble most days. You are very independent but hate to be alone. You hurt when others are hurting. You love video games of any kind! You pretty much accomplish anything you set your mind to. You have a big heart and a love for the Lord. I know God is preparing you for great things!
I've very proud of you and I'm so glad that God picked me to be your Mom!! I love you!!
Sunday, August 13, 2006
Pray that this will be just another step in his life and that the Lord will continue to work with and through him. I trust that this is just the begining!!
Friday, August 11, 2006
Hey everyone, it's me Seth. My sweet friend Natty tagged me for this meme. Hope you enjoy!!
3 Things that scare me:
- The dark
- My Brother chasing me around and yelling
- When Mommy dumps the cup of water over my head to get all the shampoo out
3 People who make me laugh:
- My Big Papa
- My Grandma Susie
- My big brother and cousins, especially Sarah
3 Things I Love:
- Fruit Snacks
- Water (Pool, ocean or spa)
3 Things I Hate:
- Having to sit down for more than 2.2 seconds
- Brother gets to do more than me
- Dogs that jump and push me over
3 Things I don't Understand:
- Why I can't go to school with Josh
- Why I can't go outside by myself
- Why Mommy keeps running me to the potty every time I say poop
3 Things on my Floor:
- Stuffed animals
- Dirty clothes... my Mom sure should get on that laundry : )
3 Things I'm doing right now:
- Sleeping... it's amazing that I can sleep and type isn't it?
3 Things I want to do before I die:
- Ask Jesus into my heart
- Get married
- Go sky-diving or something that would make my Mom crazy!!
3 Things I can do:
- Pee on the potty
- Run really fast
- Make everyone laugh
3 Ways to describe my personality:
- Mr. Personality
- Mischevious... my Dad always says I don't go looking for trouble, it just finds me
3 Things I Think you should listen to:
- My CD player that helps me get to sleep
- KLOVE - Christian music in our town
- My Aunt Sherry's MP3 player
3 Things I Don't think you should listen to:
- My Dog barking
- My Brother crying about going back to school
- My cousing Sarah screaming when I pull her hair (I only do it because I love her)
3 Favorite Foods:
- Chicken Nuggets
3 Beverages I drink regularly:
- Strawberry Milk
3 Shows I watch:
- Jo Jo's Circus
- Little Einsteins
A Baby I Want to Tag is:1. Baby Sarah
As we're walking up to the ride my son, Josh, say's "It doesn't look so small."
Wednesday, August 09, 2006
I'm back from vacation and there is so much to do. I want to get vacation pics posted so I'm working on that. Josh started school on Monday so I've got pictures of that, too. Our AC went out yesterday and we had to get that fixed. Plus, I had a flat tire and had to deal with getting that replaced. I promise I'll be back soon and get you all updated.
Hope all of you are having a great week!!
See you soon,