Monday, September 29, 2008

Where do they come up with it?

This morning Seth, my 4 year old, wanted to take the Bible with him in Grandma's car. He asked me what the whole name of his Bible was. I said "It's the Holy Bible." Then he replied "Holy Bible" the way someone would say "Holy Cow!" It cracked my Mom and I up. We had a talk about the way you actually say it because we wouldn't want to be disrespectful to God.

Last week Josh, my 7 year old, wanted to help me make the meatballs for spaghetti. Side note, we use turkey because it's healthier and we all enjoy the flavor more. Back to my story, I told him to go ahead and squish in all the seasons. He was a bit grossed out so I reminded him that once he becomes a chef/baker, he would have to do this kind of thing. He looked at me so seriously and said "Mom, that's why I'll hire people to do this kind of work for me!" Oh if only we could all hire people to work for us... I guess he's got it all planned out.

7 comments:

Penny said...

Love it! Kids always say things to make us smile. God knew as adults we need some humor in our days, right? Hope Jacob is feeling better!

Russell Fam. said...

I read your previous blog about your littlest guy going the hospital-how scary!!! I remember when Casey was only only a few months old, and was taken to the ER and they were trying to put an iv in forever! Finally they had to put it in a vein on his head-it was horrible! I can definately understand!

OneHappyfamily said...

I am with Josh on that one. Nothing more gross than squishing ground meat. Eeeewwwww...

Anonymous said...

See...that's exactly why I cannot eat meatloaf...its the squishing with the hands (GROSS ) - and I make good meatloaf (or so I have been told) but I will NOT eat it! Kids are so cute and the things they come up with just amaze me all the time!

Shalee said...

I've always loved that squishing part. Making a mess is half the fun of making dinner!

Oh, I would probably be a terrible influence on your kids. I'm saying "holy cow!" or "holy moly!" or Oh. My. Lands. all the time.

Donna Rae said...

hamburger meat is nasty. I would rather pick up dog poo than touch it. We use the turkey meat to make tacos. Have to catch it on sale though because its pricey......

Amber Hann said...

mm i agree about the turkey meat. it's more expensive but so much better. thats how i make my meat loaf :) cute kiddos!