Friday, January 26, 2007

Life is short

Josh made a great observation this morning... "A day just seems so much faster than 24 hours."

If only he knew just how fast life does pass us by! I look back and realize just how fast things in my life have happened. It feels like just a couple years ago I was planning my wedding. In reality it's been almost seven years of marriage for Jeff and I.

Then I look back and think about being in labor with Josh and it seems not too long ago. In reality it's been 5 1/2 years. Before I know it this baby I'm carrying will be in Kindergarten!

It just flies by and we don't even catch half of the good stuff because we're so focused on other things. I want to stop today and this week and just enjoy my kids, my husband, my family and my life. Because before I know it, I'll be an old lady looking back wondering where the time went!

Ecclesiastes 3:1 ~ There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under Heaven.

3 comments:

Shalee said...

You and me both, Stacey. Time is going entirely too fast and I just want to MAKE IT STOP - just for a few moments.

Here's to an activity-free weekend so that you can enjoy the family on a deeper level.

Anonymous said...

Stacey,
I love this blog, because it's so true and I love the "insight" you little one has, you've shared several things Josh has said... He's a "thinker" and I love it.... so use every moment as a "teaching moment" and enjoy life to the fullest one moment at a time.... and when life is just going too fast and too crazy.... STOP!
Tina mentioned smelling the roses the other day in a blog....
Take time 4 it!!!
Cause as a mom/older than your mom/I can't believe my kids are having kids and those kids are growing SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo FAST!!!

Susie said...

Wait till you're my age...I'm the old lady, I guess! I look back and it seems like yesterday I was bringing my first little girl home from the hospital. Now, she's preparing to bring her third little boy into the world. WOW! Enjoy every minute, honey!