Saturday, February 28, 2009

As for Me and My House...

Thursday started out a little rough. Josh woke up and realized he hadn't done his homework the night before so that sent him into a tizzy trying to get it done. Then Seth woke up very cranky and only wanted some "Mama Loving" (as he calls it). Jacob was just an innocent bystander unfortunately and cried because that's how he deals some times! We got the homework finished up, packed a lunch and we were headed for the garage.

By the time we got in the van, everyone was in a bad mood, especially me. Then it was arguing because Seth's seat wasn't in the right spot and it had to have been Josh's fault. Josh then yelled at Seth because he wasn't the one who had moved the seat but thought I had. You get the point!

I had finally had it and said loudly to the children and anyone listening... "That is it! Satan you don't have a place here and I will not let you control our day. You will not come in my house because we serve the Lord and you need to get OUT!" The kids looked shocked because I've only done this a few times in the past and usually I do it quietly. I then prayed and took Josh to school.

The day went on and I thought nothing else about the situation. Until later that day when my three boys and the two I babysit were all in the backyard playing. They were playing just fine until something set one of them off and the arguing began. This is what I hear Seth screaming in the backyard...

"Satan came in! Satan came in! He's needs to get out!!"

I could only imagine what my neighbors were thinking! Josh came running in to make sure I could hear what was happening. I guess it really hit home with Seth and he was not going to let Satan come back to our home and mess with us!

I love that my children take these things so seriously because the evil one is lurking about and wants to control and derail our days. I once heard Beth Moore say that God has a plan for your life but the Satan does, too! It's so scary to think about and so real. We need to guard our hearts, minds and homes from his evil plots and schemes and if that means kicking his butt to the curb once in a while... you better believe I will!

7 comments:

Penny said...

Great story. Thanks for sharing! I always prayed for the kids as then went to school each day, "Lord, make them deaf, dumb and blind to the things of this world. Protect their hearts, minds and bodies, too."

OneHappyfamily said...

Stacy I loved this. You are such a wonderful example to your kiddos. Love that Seth totally got it!

Vicki and Brian said...

Isn't it so cool how the children get it? Too bad we adults complicate things. Perhaps we have a budding preacher on our hands!

Kathleen said...

What a fabulous story. Aren't you glad there's a blog on which to capture so many snippets of your lives? No doubt your children will remember this one, no matter what. But some day they'll be so proud to read again-and-again what filled their mother's heart.

By the way, you have to drop in at my blog to see what I've tagged you with. You're it!

Russell Fam. said...

Thank you Stacey for reminding us of what crafty ways satan will use to distract and anger us, it's amazing the things we don't even realize! :)

Shauna said...

I am new here! What a great blog! Hope you are having a great weekend! ♥ Hugs!

Shalee said...

Stacey, this is a Perfect Post.

I love that you're making it real to the kids and giving them real life examples of how to give everything over to God, to give satan the boot and to start all over again with a hopeful heart. And if Seth is shouting the words back at you, then at least you know he's listening with all his heart!