Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Judge Not...

Recently I was talking with a friend and got on a subject where I realized later just how bad I was judging someone else and their actions. I felt really guilty about it as I lay in bed that night. My heart was in the wrong place and I know that now. I then started thinking about a few verses I know about judging others...

Matthew 7:2
For you will be treated as you treat others. The standard you use in judging is the standard by which you will be judged.


Wow! I will be judged by the standard I judge others with? That's a tough thought for me. I can be pretty harsh when looking at others but do I really want to look at myself the same way?

Romans 2:3
Since you judge others for doing these things, why do you think you can avoid God’s judgment when you do the same things?


Again, what am I thinking when I judge others? Should I not be worried that I am doing some of these same things? Is my heart in the right place?

Ecclesiastes 3:17
I said to myself, “In due season God will judge everyone, both good and bad, for all their deeds.”


It is not up to me to judge those in my life. That's God's job and I'm sure He can handle it much better than I can anyway. So from now on, I'm going to strive to let Him be the judge and trust that He has it taken care of. I know it won't be easy because human nature will cause me to stray but I want my heart to be in the right place.

Do you ever struggle with judging others? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

1 comment:

WowwoowWuzzie said...

sorry i know this is creepy, but you and my mom have the same name, and i have 3 other brothers.. youre truly blessed ma'am.