Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Christmas Chains

Sorry I haven't been posting lately. We're doing a study right now with Beth Moore in my women's home team. Last month she said something that really hit home with me... "You can't do a thousand things and do them all well." It really made me stop and think about what is truly important. So if you don't see me posting quite as often, it's probably because I'm off playing with my kids or enjoying life!

Now onto what I started to tell you about. I wanted to do those cute little green/red paper chains with my kids. I started searching the internet for a poem to put on the top but wasn't thrilled with the results I found. So I made up a new poem and thought I would share. I decided to go with something simple that my kids could understand...

Christmas day is almost here
It’s the most wonderful time of the year!

We open gifts and sing fun songs
We wait for this time all year long.

But it’s never too late
To remember why we celebrate…

Jesus was born a sweet baby boy
He filled the world with so much joy.

His live He gave
For our lives to save!

3 comments:

Barbie @ Mamaology said...

I love it...I just might use it for my day care :)..thanks for the idea.

Happy Wednesday to you:)

Kathleen said...

It took many of us many years to grasp what you've grasped already. Time spent with your children is precious and limited, so you've chosen wisely! It is, truly, a treasure stored in heaven.

Kathleen

Susie said...

Way to go mommy...that's simple and sweet!