Thursday, July 14, 2011

When Kiddos are Sick

It all started with me getting a double ear infection and sore throat. I assume it's from the swimming we've been doing and the fact that my body isn't used to that much water in my ears. Oh well, started meds and have been feeling a little better.

Next was Jordan's turn. He started running a fever on Wednesday. By Friday it was still spiking and I didn't want to go into the weekend without a trip to the doctor. They got him in and said "Double ear infection and possible strep." Sounds like I've heard that somewhere before!

Sure enough Jake spiked a fever Tuesday night, right before bed. He had shots on Monday so I thought it might be an adverse reaction to that. Called the doctor and they said it probably was. I'm supposed to wait it out and see if he's still spiking a fever by Friday. Last night was the first time he complained that his mouth (throat) hurts. Here we go again...

I guess with 4 kids in the house this is bound to happen. I just hate to see them suffering! It breaks my heart. Hopefully we'll kick this one in the booty and be well for a while!!

2 comments:

HolyMama! said...

oh YUCk, that sounds like a lot to handle! Double ear infections..? Ick. I'm sorry. Take care of you!

OneHappyfamily said...

You guys are not supposed to be sick in the summertime...