Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Mother of the year award...

I won't be earning that anytime soon. I totally forgot to pack Josh's lunch this morning! I don't know how something so routine could have been forgotten. We do it each morning without fail. I pack it up and he puts it in his backpack. I felt horrible when he called from school...

"Uh hi Mom, it's Josh." (voice shaking and on the verge of tears)

"Hi bud, what's going on?"

"Mom, could you please just bring me a lunch?"

"You don't have your lunch?"

"We didn't pack it this morning."

"Okay honey, I'll bring it down in just a little while."

"Thanks Mom!"

I felt like I was going to cry as I hung up with him. It was so sad to hear him trying to keep it together. I'm glad I was at home and could run it down there quickly! He looked so relieved as I entered the classroom with it.

Guess I'll have to try for that award again next year, huh?

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh you are not alone! That happened to us earlier this year, the conversation was the same!! I just put some money on his lunch account and days he or I forget he knows he can get a school lunch. It's good for the kids to know that we forget things and make mistakes too. You are still a GREAT MOM!!

Mama said...

Now, where IS that award, anyway? I know it's around here somewhere. When I find it, I'll send it right over, k? ;-)

Thanks for coming by my little blog. Come back often!

Janera

Kathleen said...

I'm thinking Mary would have a good chuckle having completely forgotten Jesus, even leaving him behind ...

We Moms have such full plates most of the time I'm thinking we need our very own nanny at times.

Shalee said...

Hey, you brought him one... that actually works in your favor for it!

Me? Not so much. Guess who still hasn't had her son's b-day birthday party after promising him one... oh I'm only 5 months past due.

Theresa said...

It's okay Stacey, Grandma did almost the same thing this past week. She accidently packed Sissy lunch in Sugar's backpack. Which for Sissy it would have been the same as forgetting it! Don't worry we all will or have done it already!! Happy Saturday!

Sherry said...

Give your self a break you have three small (very cute) boys your bound to forget something once in a while.