Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Weighing in...

Okay, so I've never really mentioned my problems with weight on here because frankly, I didn't want to bore anyone with it. I do think I'm going to mention it now because I'm tired of it and want to do something about it. I'm 20 pounds heavier now then I was when I married my husband over 6 years ago and about 15 pound heavier then I was when I got pregnant with my first son.

We are going to California with family at the beginning of August and I want to feel good about myself. I'm tired of only having pictures of myself from the waist up. My goal is to loose 10 pounds by the time we leave. I think it's a goal that can be reached. So, I need to know if there is anyone out there who has done this before and has some good tips? I'm cutting back on portion sizes, trying to eat more sensibly and not eating sugar. I've heard these all will help for sure. Plus, I'm riding my stationary bike, my real bike and walking on a regular basis. Please leave any other tips in the comment section and pray that I will meet my goal!!

4 comments:

Janelle said...

it is amazing how many people deal with this problem! i was so discouraged yesterday! but the key is that i need to get off my butt & actually DO something about it. the FOOD part of it isn't the biggest issue for me, it's the exercise - i HATE exercise! too bad we didn't live closer together - we could do this together!
i'm cheering you on!!! and can't wait to see the pics! hopefully you will inspire me!!!

Theresa said...

Rock on Stacy! How bout' I do it with you and we can be accountability partners. I'm going on a mini-blogging conference in about 5 weeks and I ALWAYS can shed a few pounds. Especially since I'm going to be meeting people I've never met before!

So are you with me? Of course, we can do this via email and not publicly here. My tip for now is pick a night time to cut off all eating. I'm doing this and it seems to help. Email me girl!

Tera said...

the key phrase is "feeling good about myself". i find that this is true when i make myself a priority and exercise 6 days a week, without excuses. another tip is to eat an apple as a snack before lunch or dinner and you will feel full and eat less at that meal! good luck, and know you are not alone in this battle!

Shalee said...

Go Stacey! I think you've got all the bases covered, save one: drink lots and lots of water. Not diet soda or juice - water. It helps to flush the system and allow weight to come off easier.

If you keep up the portion control and exercise, you should be able to take that weight off by the deadline.

Oh there is one other thing: Pray about it. God will give you daily strength to see you to your goal. (I do this when running, especially when I feel fatigued and that I don't think I can make it for 20 minutes. He always gives me the endurance I need.)

Let us know how it's going because accountability is always a help too.