Monday, October 02, 2006

Bloggy Tour of Testimonies

One Wednesday night when I was 5 years old I went to church just like always. I was in Sparks in the AWANA program. I remember thinking I wanted to know more about asking Jesus into my heart. So I went up to the leader, my Aunt Karen, and asked her what I needed to do to. She took me for a walk and we talked about it. She asked me some questions and I answered. She took me to the foyer at the front of the sanctuary and we sat and talked. I remember her leading me in the prayer and I was so excited. We went and found my Grandpa and Grandma and shared the news. They were all so proud of me!

A while later my Dad came to pick me up and we called my Mom. She was in the hospital after having had some kind of surgery. She was so excited and I think started crying while we were talking.

Then on my sixth birthday I got baptized. I remember how excited and nervous I was all at the same time. I knew I was in good hands since my Grandpa was the pastor and I had never seen him drop anyone before. What a great thing to do on your birthday!

Later when I was about 14 I remember crying and talking with my Mom one night. I was so upset and didn't understand why. I had really been struggling with some bad attitudes and feeling like I wasn't a very good person. She suggested that I pray and rededicate my life to Christ. We prayed together and talked some more. I felt much better.

It's great to know I am a child of God!!

Now head over to Lauren's blog and join in. We would all love to hear your testimony today!

9 comments:

Linda said...

I came to know the Lord at a fairly young age too. Isn't it wonderful to have known Him almost your entire life? That isn't to say we don't get off track once in a while, but it is such a blessing to have belonged to Him from an early age. Your testimony blessed me.

Heather Smith said...

Great testimony! My grandpa is my pastor too!! Thanks so much for sharing!

Anonymous said...

It was neat to read of the Lord's working in your life!

BTW, I don't know if it was just me, but the link to your blog from Lauren's "Mr. Linky" didn't work. It had a apostrophe where the m should be in your url. I don't know if there is a way to fix it or delete it and re-enter it or what -- or, like I said, it may just be my computer that somehow jumbled it up. But I thought I'd let you know.

Thanks for sharing!

Katherine@Raising Five said...

I love this story. What a blessing to have Christian parents. I love being able to thank my folks now, because I sure didn't appreciate it as much when I was a kid!

Anonymous said...

I love this story. I grew up in a Christian home as well. BTW- I am the Kindergarten Director in the AWana program at my church....that makes my heart smile that Awana helped lead to your understanding.

I posted my testimony todya.

Jenn said...

What a blessing to have accepted Christ from an early age.

Jenn

Kate said...

Awww, that's awesome! Wonderful testimony. God rocks!

Susie said...

I got choked up just remembering those BIG steps in your life. Look at you now, kiddo...God is doing awesome things in and through you! Keep walking with Him! Love ya!

justin said...

Thanks for sharing your testimony. I was wondering if you'd like to post it on my new site called ShareMyTestimony.org?

I created the site to let Christians share their testimonies, and read other testimonies to see how God is working in the lives of others.

If you'd like to contact me, you can click on the contact link on my site.

Thanks,
Justin